Accelerated BSN Admissions Overview
If you want to start working toward a rewarding career in nursing as soon as possible, the University of the Incarnate Word Accelerated BSN track in San Antonio could be your quickest path. To begin this 16-month accelerated nursing track, you must first meet the accelerated BSN admissions requirements.
UIW offers three start dates each year in January, May and August. The ABSN academic calendar details important dates for upcoming cohorts.
Our accelerated BSN admissions counselors are here to help take the stress out of applying to nursing school. When you contact us, you’ll be paired with a dedicated counselor who will support you throughout the admissions process. Your admissions counselor will keep you informed of important next steps and check in regularly to ensure you have what you need to be successful.
Your admissions counselor will guide you through the application process in the following ways:
- Discuss ABSN requirements and evaluate your eligibility
- Help you create a plan for completing prerequisites
- Clarify your questions about tuition and financial aid
Throughout the accelerated BSN admissions process, you’ll be in close contact with a UIW admissions counselor as you navigate the path to nursing school.
Key Steps for Accelerated BSN Admissions
Here are a few of the next steps you can take to progress from where you are today to the point of applying for accelerated nursing school.
- Obtain unofficial transcripts of your college courses
- Speak with an admissions counselor
- Review your prerequisites and register for any outstanding classes
- Create a timeline based on your estimated ABSN start date
- Begin studying for the TEAS entrance exam
- Complete your online ABSN application
- Submit official transcripts to the ABSN admissions office
Remember that if you have any questions along the journey, we are one phone call away. At UIW, we believe nursing is a noble and rewarding profession, and we are committed to helping you succeed.
Contact us today to find out if our ABSN track in San Antonio, Texas, is the right fit for you.